Read the Printed Word!

Saturday 16 June 2012

A FATHER'S WISH


I may fail to be as clever as my neighbor down the street,
I may fail to be as wealthy as some other men I meet,
I may never win the glory which a lot of men have had,
But I've got to be successful as a little fellow's dad.

There are certain dreams I cherish which I'd like to see some true,
There are things I would accomplish when my time of life is through,
But the task my heart is on is to guide a little lad
And to make myself successful as that little fellow's dad.

I may never come to glory, I may never gather gold,
Men may list me with the failures when my business life is told,
But if he who follows after shall be manly, I'll be glad,
For I'll know I've been successful as that little fellow's dad.

It's the one job that I dream of, it's the task I think of most,
If I fail that growing youngster, I'd have nothing else to boast;
For though wealth and fame I'd gathered, all my future would be sad...
If I failed to be successful as that little fellow's dad.
- Unknown

No comments: