Read the Printed Word!

Saturday 30 June 2012

THE SECRET OF LIFE


SOURCE: UNKNOWN

Every day goes by like the last
It seems that time flies too fast
I close my eyes and ask it to stop
I look at the clock and another minute has passed
I think to myself…

What would I do if I weren't consumed?
Consumed by the world and all that it is
The obligations attached to being successful and popular
What would I do?

Embrace those that I love…
Care for those that I don't…
Learn how to love those I hate….
Enjoy every moment I get…
Forget about what means nothing …
Remember all that means everything…
Make a joke when I shouldn't…
Laugh even though its not funny…
Cry when I'm happy…
Never fear, it only wastes time…
Show the devil when he's met his match…
Cast out my demons forever…
Travel the world and see…
Stand on the highest mountain…
Be the heart of a dead country...
Make my own music…
Even though it doesn't rhyme, make my own poem…
Sing my own songs…
Make new friends…
Accept different cultures…
Eat weird food…
Hug, kiss, and never let go…

All the things that I used to think were so important
I now realize mean nothing
All I want to do is help those who can't help themselves

All the money in the world can't buy my happiness
All the joys of doing what I love
All means nothing in the face of God if
All I have is nothing for him

In a matter of 60 seconds
I've figured out the secret of life
But now I'm falling asleep
Will I remember when I wake up?

No comments: